The top ten wedding hairstyles for long hair
Our guide to the best wedding hairstyles for long hair has lots of ideas for your dream wedding style. Long hair is so versatile, you can wear your hair in a chic updo, have it tumbling over one shoulder, or even wear it half up and half down.
To look perfect your hairstyle should complement your dress and overall style for your big day. Don't be daunted by all the options for long hair wedding styles just use our guide to find your perfect look.
- The chignon is a classic look where the hair is gathered at the nape of the neck and arranged into a bun shape or knot. You can make it formal by having a structured neat bun or more natural with a loose messy bun.
- A French twist is created by pulling the hair back and twisting it vertically and attaching the coil to the head. The ends are tucked inside and everything is secured with pins. The twist is a formal and elegant look. A French twist looks very pretty with a floral comb tucked into it.
- The beehive was popular in the 60s for long hair wedding styles and has become very fashionable again recently. The hair is backcombed and teased to create lots of volume and pinned in place. The modern take on the bee hive is a little more petite and sleeker than the 60s version.
- If you want to leave your hair down in a simple romantic style you can't go wrong with soft curls, they are very pretty and you can add a tiara to finish the look.
- If you can't decide whether you want your hair down or in an updo then why not pick a half up half down style. Some of the hair is usually gathered at the back and pinned. It is a little more controlled than having all your hair down but will still feel loose and flowing. It looks extra special with single flowers woven through.
- For the vintage bride wanting to channel 40s and 50s glamour, pin curls, loops and rolls are perfect. There are lots of vintage wedding hairstyles for long hair, for a truly vintage hairstyle pick a stylist who specializes in vintage hair and make-up.
- If you have very long hair a low pony tail with braids gathered together is a lovely natural hairstyle. It has a free spirited look to it, to continue that theme you could ask your stylist to weave narrow ribbons though your hair or attach small flowers.
- A side bun is quirky take on the formal bun. The hair is swept to one side and then gathered at the side of the head. You can enhance this style with few hair flowers pinned into the bun or a diamanté hair clip.
- If you are have a flowing Grecian style dress, then you need Greek goddess hair to match. This is a half up half down style, the up part is two braids wrapped around your head like a halo and the loose hair is styled into gentle waves.
- Hair cascading over one shoulder is popular with wedding hairstyles for long hair, it looks stunning with curled hair, pinned over to one side and allowed to tumble over the shoulder. You can emphasis this style with statement earrings.
Do you like my wedding flower ideas? I regularly add new information and pages to be sure you have the latest style, inspiration and ideas to
plan your bridal bouquet and centerpieces. I keep up with the latest trends in flower colors and styles so you can relax and enjoy your wedding planning!
Be sure you don't miss new pages by clicking on RSS feed and subscribing to this site so you can get the latest info as soon as it is online!
If you have enjoyed this page, check out some of my other popular pages...
Great pictures of bridal bouquets
Need to know how to choose a boutonniere?
Ideas for inexpensive centerpieces
Back to Wedding Day Hair styles
Back from wedding hairstyles for long hair to more wedding flower ideas